Summer Art Classes For Kids Begin at Sunset River Marketplace
Every year, Sunset River Marketplace, the eclectic art gallery just across the state line in Calabash, N.C. offers art classes especially for children. This year's Summer Fun classes begin June 22, taking place Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The fee is $15 per day for each child, ages six through 12.
According to instructor Theresa Reiter, each class will have a different theme. Note to parents: you can enroll your child in any or all of these fun classes:
• June 22. Piet Mondrian – Painting/weaving.
• June 29. Georgia O?Keeffe – Desert watercolor.
• July 6. Alexander Calder – Mobile kinetic sculpture.
• July 13. Picasso – Still life study (printmaking).
• July 20. RenÇ Magritte – Surrealism/creating your own sea turtle (oil pastel).
• July 27. Henri Matisse – Collage (paint, paperstring, cloth, etc.)
• August 3. Info to come.
• August 10. Info to come.
To reserve a place, call the gallery at 910-575-5999. Sunset River Marketplace is located at 10283 Beach Drive SW (Hwy. 179) in Calabash, N.C. Regular hours are Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, visit them on Facebook or log onto www.sunsetrivermarketplace.com.
Classes are held Wednesdays from June 22 through August 10. Sign up for one or all!